When you’re in the market for a safe with environmental protections at an affordable price point, the SentrySafe Combination Safe is an ideal option. While it may not have ultra high-tech features like a biometric lock, it checks the boxes on performance and value. With more than one certification, you can rest assured your valuables will be safe with this SentrySafe model.
The ideal customer for the SentrySafe Combination Safe is someone looking for a way to protect valuables from thieves, fire or water damage. We think it’s one of the best home safes on the market because it can withstand 1700-degree fires for an hour, along with 24 hours of water protection up to 8 inches deep. Although the combination style lock can be a bit bulky in an emergency, it also has a key that can disable the main combination lock if needed.
- Fireproof: The SentrySafe Combination Safe is UL classified to withstand flames for 1 hour at 1700 degrees. That means whatever you keep inside the safe will not melt and is guaranteed by the Underwriters Laboratory.
- Waterproof: This safe is ETL verified to keep your belongings away from 8 inches of water for up to 24 hours. This will give customers peace of mind, especially in flood-prone areas.
- After-fire replacement: If your safe is damaged or destroyed in a fire, it will be replaced at no cost. Although this safe is more expensive than your average home safe model, this guarantee helps take the sting out of the investment.
- Theft-proof: The door is reinforced and manufactured with a pry-resistant hinge bar for increased strength. In addition, even if the safe is dropped from up to 15 feet, it is guaranteed to stay closed.
- Condensation issues: This downside is not unique to just this safe. There can certainly be condensation issues with fireproof safes, which can be helped with a dehumidifier.
- Portability: Weighing in at 83 pounds, this isn’t the most portable safe on the market.
SentrySafe Combo Safe: What you need to know
SecurityNerd thinks this model is one of the best combination lock safes on the market. Both fire and waterproof, the company even provides a lifetime after-fire guarantee, which means you’ll essentially get a brand new safe in the case it gets damaged in a fire. Other features include:
- Protection: This safe has multiple certifications, which add to the value of this product. It is UL certified to protect your belongings from a fire as well as water damage. In addition, the SentrySafe Combination Safe is ETL verified to remain intact even after a 15-foot fall.
- Size: This safe is medium size when it comes to home safes, and can hold anything from important paperwork to family heirlooms and firearms. The exterior dimensions are 16.3 in. W x 19.3 in. D x 17.8 in. H, while interior dimensions are 12.6 in. W x 11.9 in. D x 13.8 in. H.
- Lock type: The SentrySafe Combination Lock Safe utilizes a combination lock, but it also has a key. However, it is not a backup key if a user forgets the combination. It is a key that will disable the combination lock, even if another user knows the code.
- Portability: Weighing in at over 80 pounds, it is not the most portable safe on the market, and will not be easy to move in an emergency.
- Anchoring: This safe comes with a bolt-down kit, which helps to ensure thieves cannot pick up your safe and take home its contents.
- Organization: There are several additions to the inside of the SentrySafe Combination Lock Safe that add a touch of organization. The interior shelf is adjustable to any height, while the door pocket and key rack make it easier to store paperwork or important sets of keys.
- Price: This safe is around $250 on Amazon, which is a bargain considering how much protection you receive. There are other safes that cost more than this one that don’t have fire or waterproof ratings.
- Fireproof safe is UL Classified to endure 1 hour at 1700°F and keep interior temperatures safe for irreplaceable documents, valuables,...
- Waterproof safe is ETL Verified for 24 hours of protection in water up to 8 inches deep offering peace of mind in the event of a flood
- Preset dial combination fire safe with secondary locking key for strong security; Combination safe features 4 live-locking bolts, steel...
- Exterior: 16.3 inch W x 19.3 inch D x 17.8 inch H; Door requires 14.75 inch of clearance to fully open; Interior: 12.6 inch W x 11.9 inch D...
- Should your fireproof safe be damaged by fire or water, SentrySafe will provide a replacement safe so the things that matter most are...
Wrapping it up
SentrySafe is a trusted name in the home safe industry. Founded in 1930, SentrySafe produces fire-resistant products including safes, chests and fires to more than 50 countries worldwide. Safes range in size as well as price point.
The SentrySafe Combination Lock Safe has a lot to offer, including several certifications that give customers extra assurance that their belongings will be protected from thieves as well as the elements. While downsides include a lack of portability along with condensation issues, the benefits far outweigh the downsides with this safe. For under $300, you’ll get a versatile and durable way to keep your important belongings behind lock and key without spending a fortune. Add in the after-fire replacement guarantee, and you’ll see why it’s tough to beat this safe on value.
This article has been reviewed and approved by Officer Banta.
Officer Banta is the official SecurityNerd home security and safety expert. A member of the Biloxi Police Department for over 24 years, Officer Banta reviews all articles before lending his stamp of approval. Click here for more information on Officer Banta and the rest of our team.