Reolink Camera Reviews
Reolink is a security company that launched in 2009, and is focused on delivering high-quality cameras at a low price point. Reolink says its mission is to make your home or office more secure and comfortable.
These Reolink camera options offer customers reliable and affordable cameras with decent features like night vision and multiple power options.
While Reolink doesn’t quite offer the features that will excite the hardcore techies out there, there are plenty of options for most homeowners to choose from that will provide great value and an easy way to make your home safer.
In This Review
If you’re in the market for a Reolink camera, chances are you’ll be spending under $100, as most of the six models come in below that price point. If you’re looking for a bargain, Reolink delivers.
Compared to competitors, Reolink doesn’t offer much in the way of home automation options. Some of the cameras work with Google Assistant, but if you’re looking to integrate these cameras into a wider smart home ecosystem you’ve already set up, you could be out of luck.
Depending on the Reolink camera you choose, installation can be as simple as using a QR code. Some cameras require simple mounting to install, but users report an easy process with no need for professional installation. Because these battery powered cameras are wire-free, there’s no need to worry about drilling any holes or any messy installation. If you run into any issues, Reolink has a vast FAQ section, as well as customer service to help.
Reolink Camera Models
Reolink Argus Echo
The Argus Eco is a wire-free rechargeable camera that works over WiFi. It is marketed for outdoor use, but you can use it indoors as well.
- Wire-free: You won’t have to worry about the hassle of drilling holes or messy installation with this wireless Reolink model.
- Weatherproof: As an IP65 certified camera, it can endure the elements including cold and hot weather, as well as moisture.
- Multiple power options: Recharge this camera via an outlet or a separate solar panel charging station.
- Low battery notifications: You won’t have to worry about missing out on video recording thanks to low battery alerts.
- HD video: This Reolink camera provides clear and crisp 1080p video compared to its 720p counterparts.
- Night vision: Enjoy the same crispness and clarity at night, with night vision up to 33 feet.
- 100-degree viewing angle: It’s not the widest viewing angle, but it’s good enough to see a large chunk of what’s happening at your home.
- Intelligent alerts: The Reolink Argus Eco will alert you to motion via email, push alerts, or the Reolink app.
- Voice-recordable alerts: Record whatever message you’d like and play it when someone comes to the door instead of using two-way audio.
- Local or cloud storage: If you want to save video that’s triggered by motion detection, you have the choice to use an HD card or purchase cloud storage options.
- Reolink app: Get alerts, disable sirens and take a live look at your home via the Reolink app.
- Two-way audio: Talk and communicate with anyone on the other side of the camera using the two-way audio feature.
- Compatible with Google Assistant: You can utilize this third party smart home option if you’d like to add voice control to your Reolink camera.
- No Wires Needed for Easy Installation: Equipped with the 2.4G HZ wifi connection and high-capacity rechargeable battery, the battery-powered...
- Hands-free Control with Alexa: Want to see who’s there? With one simple voice command, a live feed from the camera will be shown on your...
- Day and Night Protection in 1080P Full HD: The high resolution of 1920*1080 helps the wireless security camera deliver clear details for...
- Real-time Alert with Accurate Detection: With the ability to set the PIR sensitivity and PIR schedule, Argus Eco prevents most false alarms....
- Record With No Subscription Fee: Videos can be securely stored locally on an SD card (up to 128GB, not included). which you can access and...
Reolink Argus Pro
The Argus Pro is a wireless, portable and rechargeable camera that works over WiFi.
Reolink Argus 2
The Reolink Argus 2 is a 100% wire-free rechargeable camera that works on WiFi.
The Reolink Keen indoor camera is the world’s first 100% wire-free battery powered PT security IP camera.
Reolink Argus PT
The Argus PT is a wire-free camera with pan and tilt and a rechargeable battery.
- Solar/Rechargeable Battery-Powered: Argus PT comes with a long-lasting but non-removeable rechargeable battery. Self-powered, so it can work...
- 4MP HD image and IR Night Vision: Reolink Argus PT (upgraded) delivers exceptional visual performance backed by a 4-megapixel sensor,...
- Pan/Tilt and Two-Way Audio: Reolink Argus PT can turn its head 355° horizontally and 140° vertically, which offers an enormous viewing...
- Flexible WiFi and Simple Installation: Live view and playback Argus PT directly with your device via a 2.4G WIFI router. Easy and intuitive...
- Secure, Easy & Reliable Local Storage: Videos can be securely stored locally on an SD card (up to 128GB, not included). which you can access...
The Reolink Go is a 100% wire-free camera that operates on 4G-LTE and 3G networks, which makes it an ideal choice for areas where WiFi is not stable.
Home Automation Options
This is one area where Reolink falls behind competitors. Most of the cameras are compatible with Google Assistant, but that’s about the only compatible third party home automation tool you can integrate into your Reolink system. The company says Alexa compatibility is coming soon, but if you’re looking to create an entire home automation ecosystem, Reolink cameras may not be your best option.
Other Reolink Offerings
There is no opportunity for professional home monitoring with Reolink, so you’ll have to be comfortable monitoring your own home and calling authorities if needed. There is no contract or subscription plan you are required to pay for when purchasing a Reolink camera.
If you’re looking to save your videos for longer than 7 days, the cloud service is an option you can pay for monthly. Prices are as follows:
- Basic plan: $0/month; 7 days of video, 1 camera; 1 GB cloud storage
Standard plan: $3.49/month, 30 day cloud storage, 5 cameras, 10 GB cloud storage
- Premier plan: $6.99/month, 30 day cloud video history, 10 cameras, 40 GB cloud storage
- Business plan: $10.49/month, 60 day cloud video history, 30 cameras, 100 GB cloud storage
The Bottom Line
When it comes to affordable battery-powered cameras requiring only simple installation and including basic features, Reolink is a safe bet. You’ll enjoy features like two-way communication, sirens, night vision and even the option of charging batteries via a solar panel.
Although Reolink lacks high-tech options like person-detection and geofencing, the price makes up for it. You can easily outfit your home with Reolink products for under $500, which is a steal in the DIY camera arena. If you’re looking for something with a wide array of smart home integration options, you may want to look elsewhere.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Participation in these programs helps us keep the site up, and to continue to help you find great products. Our editorial process is in no way impacted by partnerships.
About the Author
Erin is a freelance video producer and writer based out of Florida. She works with major retail companies and digital startups as a brand storyteller. When Erin's not writing, you can catch her scuba diving and spending time with her dog (not at the same time).