The Honeywell Fireproof Safe means business when it comes to protecting your belongings from thieves, fires or floods. This Honeywell 2111 model has a 1-hour fire rating of up to 1700°F, which means you’ll have peace of mind even in the case of an emergency. The water-resistant door will also keep moisture out, making this model ideal for anyone looking for a safe with solid, all-around protection.
The best customer for the Honeywell Fireproof Safe is someone who is comfortable with a keypad entry, but prioritizes environmental protections. If portability is important to you, this isn’t the right choice. But when your goal is to protect high-dollar jewelry, important paperwork and even guns, the Honeywell Fireproof Safe will get the job done at an affordable price. While the technology isn’t as impressive as other safes on the market, the solid construction and increased fire and water protection make up for it.
- Environmental protection: Not only is this safe fire-rated for one hour, it also has a water-resistant door and cabinet design. Whether you live in a flood-prone area, or just want to add an extra layer of security to your belongings, these are great features to have with any safe.
- Warranty: In addition to a 7-year limited warranty, we love the fact that the Honeywell Fireproof Safe comes with a lifetime after-fire warranty. That means if a fire destroys your safe, it will be replaced free of charge.
- User history log: If you like to keep tabs on who has been in your safe and when, this product provides that with user history logs. If you assign different user codes to each person who has access to the safe, you’ll know not only when it was accessed but by whom as well.
- Portability: Tipping the scales around 70 pounds, this isn’t the best safe if you’re looking to travel with it or think you may need to move your items in an emergency situation. Although it lacks portability, at least it will protect your items from fire and water damage.
- Technology: If top-of-the-line technology is your priority, the Honeywell Fireproof Safe doesn’t have any bells and whistles like a biometric scanner.
- Limited user codes: This safe only allows for two user codes, so you may have to share codes if you have more people who need to access the safe. The user history feature becomes less useful when you only have two codes available.
Honeywell Fireproof Safe: What you need to know
Depending on where you purchase the Honeywell Fireproof Safe, it can cost anywhere from $189 to $200. This product gives you big protection without having to purchase a wall safe. Features and benefits include:
- Protection: The Honeywell Fireproof Safe is not UL certified, but it does provide a 1-hour fire rating of up to 1700°F, which is a powerful feature to have when protecting important items from the elements. It also has a water-resistant door constructed with steel.
- Size: Although this safe weighs nearly 70 pounds, it’s not as large as you’d think, with a storage capacity of .50 cubic feet. The Honeywell Fireproof Safe is ideal for storing items like handguns, passports, jewelry and other personal items. Exterior measurements are 12.7 in H x 15.6 in W x 14.8 in D while interior dimensions are 8.7 in H x 12.8 in W x 7.7 D. The hefty weight does not give this safe great marks in portability.
- Lock type: This safe has two different ways for users to get in. You can either use the keypad or a traditional lock that can override the keypad. The keypad allows users to program anywhere from a 4-8 digit code. But if you choose a 4-6 digit code, you’ll have to enter “#” before and after each use, which could become clunky in an emergency.
- LCD display: The display not only provides the date and time, but also a status on the AA batteries, which last around 1,000 hours. If the batteries run out, you don’t have to worry about resetting your passwords because everything is retained.
- Alarm: The Honeywell Fireproof Safe is equipped with an alarm if someone is trying to get in without proper authorization. If an incorrect code is entered three times, you will be locked out for 5 minutes, with the alarm sounding for the first minute. The alarm will also go off if the safe is tilted more than 20 degrees or if it experiences any impact that may signal a thief trying to gain entry.
- Pricing: Depending on where you purchase the Honeywell Fireproof Safe, it can range between $189-200. We think it’s a fair price considering the amount of environmental protection you receive for your belongings.
- Warranty: A great warranty certainly adds value to the Honeywell Fireproof Safe. In addition to the 7-year limited warranty, if your safe is ever damaged or destroyed in a fire, the company will replace it for free. Although you hope to never use the warranty, it’s a nice perk.
Honeywell Fireproof Safe: Wrapping it up
- FIRE SAFES - Protect your most valuable possessions and electronics with our fire safe, an ideal solution to protect your valuables from...
- FEATURES - Our Honeywell 2111 fireproof safe has a 1 hour fire rating up to 1700°F or 927°C. This safe features a water resistant door and...
- QUALITY MADE – As a Honeywell brand licensee, we have a responsibility to conduct ourselves with the highest levels of integrity in...
- SECURE - Honeywell Safes, Paper Shredders and Door Locks are manufactured and distributed exclusively by LH Licensed Products, Inc. These...
- TRUSTED COMPANY - The Honeywell trademark is licensed from Honeywell International Inc., a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures...
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that sells much more than home safes. It also focuses on aerospace, performance and building technologies. Along with home safes, it also produces cameras, sensors and other smart home equipment along with an entire DIY security system.
When you purchase the Honeywell Fireproof Safe, you’re getting a product from a company people trust around the world, which we think is a huge plus.
While it’s clear Honeywell provides plenty of high-tech equipment for your home security needs, this safe is not constructed with all the fancy bells and whistles of some safes, but that’s okay. It’s built to last through fires and water damage, and it provides two methods for users to enter—a keypad and traditional key. Add in the warranty, and you get a great mix of value and strength with this durable home safe option.
This article has been reviewed and approved by Officer Banta.
Officer Banta is the official SecurityNerd home security and safety expert. A member of the Biloxi Police Department for over 24 years, Officer Banta reviews all articles before lending his stamp of approval. Click here for more information on Officer Banta and the rest of our team.