Best Home Security Cameras Under $100
Thanks to a growing DIY security system market, you don’t have to drop a ton of cash to install a high-quality security camera in your home. While the top tier cameras can run between $200 and $300, if you’re looking for a solid camera that gets the job done, there are some great models under $100.
The higher-end cameras tend to have all the bells and whistles, such as compatibility with a full-fledged security system, facial recognition and a wide range of smart home capabilities. But if you’re a renter, or not looking to break the bank with superior camera models, you can save plenty of money and get the coverage you need by going with a cheaper camera that can be used on its own. You’ll be surprised at how many features you can score with a less expensive camera. Here are the best cheap security cameras on the market—they’re all under $100.
#1 Pick: Wyze Cam Pan Home Security Camera
Wyze Cam Pan is our pick for the best cheap security camera thanks to its rock bottom price, plus features you usually only see with more expensive models. The Wyze Cam Pan can not only pan, but also tilt and zoom. That’s something several other high-priced security cameras can’t do.
You’ll also get free cloud storage, night vision and voice controls all for under $50. There isn’t another camera with so many bells and whistles at this price point.
- Detection range: 26 feet
- Transmission range: 300 feet
- Sensor style: PIR
- Power source: 110V power adaptor
- Cost: You’d be hard pressed to find another camera at this price point with all of these features. This is a true value.
- Free cloud storage: You don’t have to pay any extra money to store recorded videos in the cloud, which is another great value. However, it’s important to note that these videos are only short clips that have been activated by the motion sensor.
- Pan and tilt: There are plenty of cameras that cost two or three times as much that do not have a pan or tilt function. The Wyze Cam Pan does, and at a great price to boot.
- No professional monitoring: You won’t have a choice to have professional monitoring with this system, so you should be comfortable with keeping an eye on things yourself.
- Power cord required: The power cord may limit where you want to place your camera. It will need to be near an outlet for power.
- Indoor camera only: If your focus is indoors, the Wyze Cam Pan is a great option for you. But if you’re looking to keep tabs on your outdoor area, this is not the camera for you.
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) lets you control Wyze Cam Pan remotely using the Wyze app so you can see every angle of your room while you’re...
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p - 1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile...
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam Pan can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is...
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 6 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through...
- Voice Controlled? You got it! - Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door,...
#2 Pick: Canary Pro All-In-One Camera
The Canary Pro makes it to the second spot on our list because of its all-around value. Not only do customers get a solid camera, they also get a built-in siren, climate monitoring, motion sensor and air quality alerts. It’s like a mini security system wrapped up in one, and for just under $100.
This camera also boasts night vision along with a really simple setup. The camera has two-way communication and free 24-hour video storage. You’ll also get a chance to incorporate home automation options as well.
- Detection range: 20 feet
- Transmission range: 30 feet
- Sensor style: PIR
- Power source: 100-240V power supply
- Cost: At under $100, this is one of the best cheap security camera options on the market when you factor in all of the extras you get along with the camera. With a siren, climate monitoring and night vision, the Canary Pro is a great deal at this price point.
- AI technology: Some cameras at twice this price don’t have artificial intelligence to recognize who is coming into your home. This Canary model does.
- Money back guarantee: If you don’t like the system, you can send it back any time within 60 days to get your money back.
- No door or window sensors: While this camera is quite impressive on its own, if you’re looking for a full security system complete with door and window sensors, this is not the option for you.
- Subscription required to unlock features: You may be happy with the general features that come with the Canary Pro. However, one of the big cons here is that you’ll have to pay the $9.99/month subscription fee to unlock some of the cooler features, including two-way talk and extended video storage.
- INDOOR HOME SECURITY CAMERA: 1080p HD wifi IP camera with high quality sound, 147° wide-angle lens and automatic night vision, intelligent...
- HOME SECURITY PRO EXCLUSIVE: 90 dB Burglar Alert Siren, HomeHealth Technology (monitors air quality, temperature and humidity)
- INCLUDES PREMIUM SERVICE (1 year FREE included): 24/7 watch live, two-way talk, 30-day video history, unlimited video downloads, full-length...
- EASY SETUP: No installation required. Simply plug it in, connect to wifi, and all systems go
- AWARD-WINNING DESIGN: Blends beautifully into your home and can hide in plain sight
#3 Pick: Blink XT2 Home Security Camera
When it comes to all-around versatility, Blink XT2 is the ideal option. Whether you want to use it indoors or outdoors, during the day or at night, this camera will give you a crisp look at what’s going on at home. The best part is, it costs just under $75.
Blink XT2 does not have a power cord, which adds to its versatility, allowing users to place it just about anywhere. Now, this might make those who hate changing batteries shy away from this model. However, its battery life is where Blink stands out from the crowd—the company estimates it can last up to two years!
- Detection range: 25 feet
- Transmission range: 100 feet
- Sensor style: PIR
- Power source: Lithium batteries
- All-weather: Our SecurityNerds love a camera that can be used both indoors and outdoors. This creates more versatility for your home security needs.
- Free cloud storage: The free video storage adds to the value of this camera model. Users can keep hundreds of recorded clips for up to a year without having to pay extra.
- Battery life: We typically see about 6 months as the estimated battery life of many security cameras. Blink offers batteries that last up to 2 years, which is impressive and convenient for customers.
- No professional monitoring: If you’re looking for a full service option with professional monitoring, Blink will not be able to offer those benefits.
- Few accessories: Blink doesn’t offer a ton of hardware, so if you’re looking for door and window sensors, or added accessories like other companies have, you won’t find a ton to choose from.
- Extended battery life – 2 year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of two-way talk, live view, and motion...
- 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Customizable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you receive the alerts that matter.
- Free cloud storage – Keep hundreds of clips stored up to a year with no monthly fees or service contract required.
- Works with Alexa – View live streams, motion clips, arm and disarm your system, and set up smart reorders for batteries through select...
#4 Pick: Amcrest 4MP UltraHD
Amcrest 4MP UltraHD indoor security camera is packed full of features including face detection, two-way talk, and night vision. This is one of the best cheap security camera options out there because of the pan/tilt/zoom options within the app. For under $100, you’ll get crisp video at a great value.
While Amcrest cameras can be a little more involved to set up than some other DIY systems, Amcrest’s app and money back guarantee makes up for the more tedious setup. The app is incredibly customizable, which may be a huge plus if you’re a techie.
- Detection range: 16 feet
- Transmission range: 300 feet
- Sensor style: PIR
- Power source: 12V power supply
- Customization: The in-app customization is what makes this one of the best cheap security camera options on our list. From activity zones to person detection, there are a ton of different options to make the Amcrest app work exactly the way you want it to.
- No contract: You can stay away from a long-term contract while still getting a high resolution camera with some great features.
- Pan/tilt/zoom: Many of the less expensive camera models do not have pan, tilt and zoom. That alone makes this Amcrest model a standout in our book.
- Installation: Setting up this camera can be a little more time consuming than other cameras that simply plug and play. But this can pay off for the tech-lovers who want to customize each aspect of their camera and app.
- No professional monitoring: You’ll need to be comfortable monitoring your home by yourself from a smartphone app if you go with an Amcrest camera.
- 4MP DUAL-BAND H.265 – 5ghz/2.4ghz Dualband WiFi IP camera features immaculate 4MP (2688x1520P at 20fps | 3MP and 1080P at 30fps) video...
- SMARTER SECURITY – Receive motion alert notifications, review footage and engage in two-way communication via your smartphone with the...
- LOW LIGHT NIGHTVISION – Features an Omnivision OV4689 1/3” 4MP progressive low-light image sensor and built-in IR LEDs to achieve...
- SECURE CLOUD VIDEO BACKUP – The optional Amcrest Cloud remote video storage subscription service allows you automatically store your...
- SIMPLE. RELIABLE. SECURE. - This Amcrest Dualband wireless security camera features a secure SSL/HTTPS connection, wireless AES/WPA2...
#5 Pick: YI Dome Camera X
The YI Dome Camera X rounds out our list as one of the best cheap security camera options on the market today, thanks to great features like AI-powered technology and free 7-day cloud storage. For under $60, you get a great value at a very low price point.
Besides being able to tell the difference between a human and a pet, you can also create 30-second time lapses and get sound detection alerts if the camera hears glass breaking. We also like the autocruise mode, which lets the camera scan the room automatically.
- Detection range: 16 feet
- Sensor style: PIR
- Power source: Battery
- Person detection technology: Getting AI-powered technology at any price point is great, but for under $60 is pretty incredible.
- Sound detection: This camera can notify you if it detects the sound of a baby crying or glass breaking, which is generally a feature that you see in much more expensive cameras.
- Autocruise mode: This is one of the most unique features of this camera, which helps to make it one of the best cheap security camera models. In addition to the autocruise mode, the camera can also autotrack an object in motion.
- Free cloud storage: You’ll get a week’s worth of free cloud storage with the purchase of this camera.
- Smart home options: Although it is compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, there aren’t quite as many third party integrations as some other DIY camera models.
- No professional monitoring: You’ll need to be comfortable monitoring things yourself with this camera. However, you can call the authorities from within the app, which is an added benefit.
- IMPORTANT ALERTS ONLY + STAY CONNECTED: Differentiates humans and pets from moving objects, resulting in more relevant alerts for you. Its...
- LET THE LENS DISAPPEAR + FUN TIME-LAPSE: The YI Dome Camera X’s unique eyelid design lets the lens disappear in its casing when turned off...
- COVER EVERY CORNER: Most of our customers have this camera set up and running in five minutes or less. 340° degree rotation and 95° degree...
- BEST IN CLASS IMAGE QUALITY & NIGHT VISION: State-of-the-art Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) capabilities won’t let you down in case of sudden...
- Dual Storage Options for Increased Security: Store your data and recordings: locally with an extra SD card (not included) or in the cloud....
The bottom line
While you can spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars on top-of-the-line home security cameras, you can also find models packed with features for a fraction of the cost. Whether you are looking to save money or simply aren’t ready to commit to a large-scale security system, there are some solid security cameras you can score without breaking the bank.
If none of these fit what you're looking for, check out our overall picks for the best security cameras.
From AI technology to pan/tilt/zoom features, you can get a high performing camera with the features you need without going with a traditional security company or higher priced DIY option. Depending on what is most important to your home security needs, there will be a great option for budget conscious customers without sacrificing value.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Participation in these programs helps us keep the site up, and to continue to help you find great products. Our editorial process is in no way impacted by partnerships.
About the Author
Erin is a freelance video producer and writer based out of Florida. She works with major retail companies and digital startups as a brand storyteller. When Erin's not writing, you can catch her scuba diving and spending time with her dog (not at the same time).