Sometimes you need a budget-friendly safe that’s portable and pry-resistant, without too many other bells and whistles. The AdirOffice Security Safe fits that bill. It’s easily mountable, durable and simple to move if needed in case of an emergency. We think it’s one of the best home safes out there, not only because it’s simple to mount, but there are also multiple sizes and colors to choose from.
The AdirOffice Security Safe is ideal for customers looking for a strong option without breaking the bank. While it may be marketed as a great safe for your business, it’s also the perfect size if you’re looking to have a safe that doesn’t take up much space in a closet or other area of your home. It would also be a great option for a home office or den. You have the choice of a keypad or two backup keys to gain entry.
- Easy mounting: The AdirOffice Security Safe comes with mounting hardware and pre-drilled holes that makes it simple to put wherever you need it. Mounting for a safe of this size is important because if thieves gain entry into your home, they won’t be able to simply pick up the safe and leave with it.
- Keypad: The keypad is simple to use, especially when you have an emergency and need to gain access quickly to the AdirOffice Security Safe without a key. There are two backup keys in case the batteries die or you forget the combination.
- Multiple security options: You can choose from three different sizes and colors of the same safe, which is a great option if you need a little more space to fit your valuables.
- Not fireproof: If your safe is mounted and a fire breaks out, you run the risk of having your belongings damaged because this is not a fire-rated safe. Having a fireproof safe gives extra assurance that your treasured belongings won’t be damaged in flames.
- Not waterproof: If you live in a flood-prone area and are worried about water damage, this won’t be the safe for you because it’s not waterproof. However, you could mount the safe higher to help keep it away from flood water.
AdirOffice Security Safe: What you need to know
Well under the $200 price point, you get some useful features with the AdirOffice Security Safe. Although they may not be the largest safes on the market, these are ideal for storing important documents, cash, jewelry, keys and other items you don’t want thieves to steal. The downside is that this safe doesn’t have any certifications such as UL listed locks. But it still has plenty of good features, including:
- Size: You can choose from three different sizes with the AdirOffice Security Safe: 0.5, 1.25 or 2.32 cubic feet. Obviously the larger models will be able to store more items including firearms.
- Lock type: There are two different ways to gain entry to the AdirOffice Security Safe. You can either use the keypad, or if you forget the combination, you can use one of the two backup keys.
- Digital display screen: The digital display screen will let you know if the safe is locked, unlocked or if the battery is low. This safe runs on AA batteries, and if they run out, you can always use the key to gain entry.
- Portability: These safes are portable, with the largest one tipping the scales at 36 pounds. We also like that if you want one with extra portability, you can choose the smallest safe.
- Color options: If you don’t want a plain black safe that makes your space look industrial, you can choose from different colors to match your decor.
- Carpeted floor: The carpeted floor gives your valuables some extra protection from scratching. This will provide another layer of safety to items like delicate jewelry.
- Pry-resistant features: It’s always nice to have a safe that has increased safety features aside from just a great lock. This safe has two live-door bolts, a pry-resistant steel door as well as pry-resistant concealed hinges.
- DURABLE AND STURDY SAFE. Made utilizing steel construction to provide long-lasting strength and use throughout the years, this locked safe...
- PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL ACCESS. Using the keypad, you can create your own numeric code for easy entry and secure, safe storage. This security...
- HIGH-QUALITY SECURITY. In addition to the electronic lock, the security safe features two live-door bolts, a pry-resistant steel door and...
- CHOICE OF COLOR AND SIZE. Furnished in red, black and white and available in three different sizes – 0.5, 1.25 or 2.32 cubic feet – you...
- EASY TO INSTALL AND INCORPORATE. Four bolts are included, making it easy to mount this digital lock safe box to a wall, floor or shelf,...
AdirOffice Security Safe: Wrapping it up
AdirOffice is a division of AdirCorp, which creates products in multiple industries, including construction, medical equipment and even home finishes. The safe line comes from its division of office products that offers 16 safes ranging from small documents safes to large cabinet filing safes. Although the safes are marketed toward businesses, they are also ideal if you have a home office and want to store valuables inside your home instead of at work.
When it comes to versatility and simple mounting, the AdirOffice Security Safe could be a top choice for you. Aside from being able to choose from three different sizes, you also have a keypad and backup keys that provide simple access when you need it in an emergency. Although it doesn’t have any environmental protection, it is at a lower price point than most safes that offer those features. Overall, it’s a great choice to consider for your budget and your home office.
This article has been reviewed and approved by Officer Banta.
Officer Banta is the official SecurityNerd home security and safety expert. A member of the Biloxi Police Department for over 24 years, Officer Banta reviews all articles before lending his stamp of approval. Click here for more information on Officer Banta and the rest of our team.