EZVIZ Camera Reviews
EZVIZ is a division of Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd., a large manufacturer of video surveillance products based in Hangzhou, China. Since launching in 2013, EZVIZ has become a major player in the surveillance arena.
EZVIZ sells a variety of cameras and recorders for use both indoors and out, including doorbell cameras. Their products include Wi-Fi cameras as well as wired options for homes and businesses. EZVIZ also sells network video recorders and offers cloud service through their video cloud service platform, EZVIZ Cloud. The EZVIZ app provides instant alerts and lets customers view live and recorded video.
Their products, which are sold via Amazon, the Home Depot and Walmart, are a good option for customers who want basic security features for their home and don’t want to pay a subscription fee for professionally monitored service. Their products are generally easy to install and are competitively priced, but there is some concern about their customer service.
Cameras come with bases and mounts. Some are magnetic, while others must be screwed into a surface, but installation is easy enough in either case.
EZVIZ’s cameras are competitively priced. They are well built and are a good value for the price.
Users report that EZVIZ cameras provide excellent video quality, and the images for both day and night vision are sharp and clear.
The EZVIZ cameras come with two options for storage — on an SD card, which you must purchase separately or via their cloud storage plans. Cloud plans start at $5.99 per month ($59.99 annually) for a standard 7-day playback plan, but they are only available in certain areas.
All EZVIZ cameras must be self-monitored. There’s no option to have your cameras monitored by professionals.
While they offer cloud storage, it will cost you (plans start at $5.99 a month), and there’s no free cloud storage option (beyond a free 30-day trial) as there is with some other camera brands. While you have the option to use an SD card, for some they don’t provide enough storage, and the cloud storage service is only available in certain areas.
EZVIZ has an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau, which is obviously concerning. They note the reason as the company’s failure to respond to seven complaints filed against them, most of which center around customer service. Online customer reviews on sites like Amazon and Home Depot are largely positive though.
EZVIZ Camera Features
PIR Motion Detection
EZVIZ cameras offer advanced passive infrared (PIR) motion detection, meaning you won’t get alerts when every little twig or leaf blows in front of the sensors. Instead, their sensors are only triggered by warm, moving objects to help reduce false alarms.
Supports MicroSD card
The cameras can support SD cards with varying storage levels. This is a good option for people who don’t want to pay ongoing cloud subscription fees.
Encrypted cloud storage
EZVIZ offers its own cloud storage service for those who prefer to store their video footage that way. Plans can be purchased on a monthly or annual basis and range from 7-day plans to 30-day plans.
EZVIZ cameras are equipped with infrared night vision that provides clear images.
The cameras allow you to talk back and forth with the people you can see on camera. It’s a good way to check in with loved ones as well as a way to scare off intruders and warn them that you’re sending authorities immediately.
The free EZVIZ app provides instant alerts and lets users view live video with 8x zoom capabilities on their mobile device. It also provides two-way communication so you can talk in real time with those in range of the cameras, and it supports up to 128 cameras on one account.
Some cameras are equipped with privacy shutters, which allow you to block the lens when you don’t want anyone to have a view into a particular area.
Some alarms are equipped with sensors that immediately start recording footage and send an alert when triggered.
Some cameras have pan-tilt ability and can provide up to a 360-degree view of an area, so you can see everything that’s happening, with no blind spots. Some will track movement as well.
Lights and sirens
Some outdoor cameras are equipped with strobe lights and sirens to scare criminals away when they’re detected.
Installing The EZVIZ Cameras
Installing EZVIZ cameras is relatively easy. Most cameras come with base mounting equipment that allow you to affix them to a wall, ceiling or other surface. Some have screw-in bases, while others are magnetic. There are both hard-wired and wireless options available.
EZVIZ Equipment Options
EZVIZ offers a range of indoor and outdoor cameras, including these popular models:
DB1 Smart Video Doorbell
EZVIZ’s smart video doorbell, DB1, was introduced in January 2019 at CES and immediately created a buzz as a competitor to other video doorbells such as those from Ring and Nest. It comes with comparable features, including things like two-way audio, live-view video and motion alerts, but it also offers more powerful views with up to 8x digital zoom. It’s competitively priced too.
- Practical design provides everything you need in a video doorbell while looking fantastic at the same time.
- 180° vertical FOV. Top to bottom views of your doorway. Never let another package Get left out of frame.
- Two-way audio, custom detection zones, alerts, remote access, and more.
- Wi-fi connected. Dual band 2. 4GHz/5GHz. Existing doorbell wiring required for power.
- Free 3-hour cloud storage now available. View and download video clips that have been saved to the cloud in the last 180 minutes.
EZVIZ CIC 730p
This indoor camera rings it at right around $20, even if you want to upgrade to the version with 1080p. It can be used with the EZVIZ app and features infrared night vision and two-way talk. It has a 110/130 degree wide-angle lens and can support an SD card up to 265GB.
- HD 720p Video and 40ft Super Night Vision – Enjoy industry leading video clarity and super night vision up to 40ft. C1C will automatically...
- Smart Motion Detection Zones & Notifications – Draw specific zones within your cameras field of view where you would like to detect...
- Full Duplex Two-Way Audio – Communication made easy. Simply tap the microphone function in the EZVIZ app to activate simultaneous audio...
- Setup Anywhere – The compact size of the C1C blends in very well to any home decor. A magnet is also built-in to the base and can be...
- Subscription Free Video Storage – Every EZVIZ WIFI Security Camera comes with a MicroSD Card Slot included. We also offer a selection of...
EZVIZ C2WN 1090p
This outdoor camera from EZVIZ provides 1080p video and night vision reaches up to 100 feet. It’s weatherproof and has two Wi-Fi antennas for strong connections.
- Full HD 1080p Video and 100ft Night Vision: Enjoy industry leading video clarity and clear night vision up to 100ft. C3WN will automatically...
- Smart Motion Detection Zones & Notifications: Draw specific zones within your cameras field of view where you would like to detect activity....
- Weatherproof with Enhanced Connectivity: Built to stay online in the toughest weather conditions with an IP66 weatherproof rating....
- Listen in and Avoid the Noise: With a built-in noise-canceling microphone, the C3WN allows you to hear what is happening in high quality...
- Subscription Free Video Storage: Every EZVIZ WIFI Security Camera comes with a MicroSD Card Slot(SD Card not Included). If you need...
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking to improve your home’s security, EZVIZ offers an array of affordable, well-made products that can help. They sell indoor and outdoor cameras, including doorbell cameras, as well as network video recorders. You must be ready to monitor them yourself, as the company offers no professional monitoring options, but for DIYers, they’re a solid option worth considering.
Their “F” rating with the BBB is concerning, but online customer reviews on sites like Amazon and Home Depot and industry reviews are more encouraging. Overall, EZVIZ offers viable, affordable options to consider for keeping an eye on your home, family and pets.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Participation in these programs helps us keep the site up, and to continue to help you find great products. Our editorial process is in no way impacted by partnerships.
About the Author
Julie Ryan Evans
Julie Ryan Evans is a writer and editor who has worked with a host of diverse companies including Microsoft, USA Today, Realtor.com, Brit + Co, CafeMom and SheKnows, among others. She has a master’s degree in nonfiction writing from The Johns Hopkins University and regularly covers topics including health and wellness, parenting, technology, finance, real estate and pop culture. While she currently calls the Orlando area home, she has lived everywhere from Hawaii to Austin, Boston and beyond.